Friday, September 4, 2009

OREGON PIX INSTALLMENT 2
These are pix showing fun things we did, rather than scenics and macros.


I guess this would qualify as a fun thing. We were in Nehalem 14 days which is 27 miles from Tillamook. We drove to Tillamook 4 times in that 2 weeks, mostly to get an ice cream cone.



We did this a lot! Sitting by the campfire til all hours of the nite.

This is in Oswald West State Park. It's only about a mile from the parking to get down to the beach with lots of greenery, streams and then the ocean beach with large driftwood logs.


This is Manzanita Golf Course, made by hand by a father and son. It has bent grass greens and rye grass fairways. This gives plush lies and smooth putting. Not to mention gorgeous scenes.So, this was our home for all but the last 2 days in Bandon. Mom decided we would look into a yurt just to try it.
Here's the outside "elevation".
Here's the inside. A 16 ft. circular room, made of wooden beams and canvas walls. A regular camp space costs $20 per nite, a yurt is $27. No plumbing, no food, no pets, just sleeping.
We like it just in case of storms. It has a heater but no A/C.


This is one of my macros of one of the weirdest flowers I've seen.
Here I am, taking closeups of tidepools.
More to come in the next post. I'm getting good at this so hold onto your hats.
Love, GGpa

1 comment:

  1. I was just telling my mom that they sell Tillamook ice cream in our grocery store! It is sooo good! I think I would have driven there more than 4 times!

    ReplyDelete